sábado, 3 de diciembre de 2011

Random thoughts V

'See, it’s never as bad as you imagine'




GEORGE: I’m outta there. I did it! It’s over.

JERRY: You did it? What happened?

GEORGE: I told her. In the kitchen – which was risky ‘cause it’s near all the knives. I started with the word “Listen.”

JERRY: Uh-huh...

GEORGE: I said, “Listen Marlene,” and then the next thing I know, I’m in the middle of it. And there’s this voice inside of me going, “You’re doing it! You’re doing it!” And then she started to cry, and I weakened a bit. I almost relented, but the voice, Jerry, the voice said, “Keep going, keep going. You’re almost out!” It’s like I was making a prison break, you know, and I’m heading for the wall, and I trip and I twist my ankle, and they throw the light on you, you know. So, somehow I get though the crying and I keep running. Then the cursing started. She’s firing at me from the guard tower. “Son of a bang! Son of a boom!” I get to the top of the wall – the front door. I opened it up, I’m one foot away, I took one last look around the penitentiary, and I jumped!

JERRY: See, it’s never as bad as you imagine.